I’ll lay it out on the line. I am not a naturally outgoing and talkative person. I dislike speaking up in a room of people I know let alone those who I don’t know. However, it’s a skill I am keen to improve on and something I am deciding to throw myself out to do more of.
See below for topics I am interested in delivering more talks on, whether it’s as a solo speaker as part of an event or conference, on a panel, podcast, webinar or a workshop.
- The Model Minority Myth
- Chinese or ESEA cultures/ESEA Heritage Month (September)
- Being an active bystander – trained facilitator with Protection Approaches
- ESEA and LGBTQ representation
- LGBTQ issues, particularly from an (East and Southeast) Asian perspective
- ED&I (Equity, Diversity & Inclusion)
- Bullying, discrimination and harassment in work and at uni
- Building and maintaining diverse and inclusive workplace cultures
- Marketing, including diverse and inclusive marketing
- The Northwest Changemakers’ Network by Culture Shift (September and November 2022) – host
- Anti-bullying webinar with Culture Shift (November 2022) – host
- Missing Link LIVE by JBH (November 2022) – speaker
- Robert Walters’ ED&I podcast episode (2023) – speaker
- Lunar New Year lunch and learn with b.esean for Direct Line Group’s REACH Network (January 2023) – co-host
- LNY x MCR (January 2023) – host and speaker
- UPCOMING: Agent Academy Workshop (March 2023) – speaker
By inviting me to be a speaker at your event, you will be:
- Championing and supporting a highly under-represented minority group
- Diversifying your speakers or panellists
- Adding unique perspectives to topics discussed
- Giving me invaluable experience to continue learning, improving and growing
See below for some select feedback given to me from each of the above events I have spoken at.
To contact me to enquire about speaking at your event, whether online or in-person across the UK, plus to discuss fees, reimbursement or an exchange of services/help, please fill in the form below.